Coming Early 2024: East Nashville Ladybird Taco!
We are so excited to finally share that we are preparing to open our second Nashville location of Ladybird Taco.
We love our Ladybird community and are excited to expand it more to the East side of Nashville. We'll be joining our neighbors Dose & Village Pub, among others. Find us on McGavock Pike early 2024!
Cinco De Mayo: Watermelon Agua Fresca Margarita
This Friday is Cinco de Mayo. This day has its origins as a celebration of Mexico's victory over France at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. While there is a rich history behind this holiday, it is widely celebrated in America as a holiday focused on food and drink. Our stores will be carrying on business as usual, but we still want to participate in the fun...
While neither of our stores currently sells alcoholic beverages, that doesn't mean you can't have a little bit of Ladybird with your festivities! We're recommending that you pick up a 1/2 gallon of our Watermelon Agua Fresca to make the perfect, simple at-home margarita. We recommend ordering it online, but you can also grab it in-store.
Here's the recipe we've come up with!
Watermelon Agua Fresca Margarita:
Makes 1 serving
(There are 8 cups in a half gallon, so multiply up to 10 if you want to make a large batch!)
- 3/4 cup Watermelon Agua Fresca
- 1-ounce Tequila (or to taste...)
- Juice of Half a Lime
- 1 1/2 cups of ice
- Salt or Sugar (optional)
1. Measure your ingredients
2. Put all of your ingredients, except only just 1 cup of ice, in a cocktail shaker
3. Shake shake shake! (stir if you do not have a shaker)
4. Prepare your glass by adding a sugar or salt rim and fill it with the rest of the ice
5. Strain your cocktail shaker over your glass
- Cut a few slices from a small jalapeño. De-seed. Muddle. Put the muddled jalapeño, plus the above ingredients, into a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain. You have yourself a spicy margarita!
- Combine the Watermelon Agua Fresca and tequila in a blender with a cup or two of ice (depending on your blender). Blend for a frozen margarita!
Reminder: This is an at-home recipe. These will not be available in-store!
Enjoy this recipe for Cinco de Mayo. Enjoy it on any taco and tequila Tuesday. Enjoy it any day that ends in Y if you really want to!